Find Chang Xu on Google Scholar and ResearchGate
- 2017.08~: PhD student in Assoc. Prof. Dr. Gregory J. Gerling‘s group at the University of Virginia..
- 2014.09~2017.06: Master student in the Institute of Robotics and Automatic Information Systems, College of Computer and Control Engineering, Nankai University.
- 2014.07: Bachelor’s degree, College of Computer and Control Engineering, Nankai University.
- Robotics to provide therapeutic and assistive methods for upper limb rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation training and functional assessment of bilateral arm coordination
- In-vivo kinematic behavior and modelling of distal arm for dexterous human-robot interaction
- Localization and motion planning and control of service mobile robots with RGB-D SLAM
Haptic Cognition and Interaction
Haptic shared control
Flexible haptic assistance with the neurocognitive approach
Bimanual Rehabilitation Training
- Bilateral complementary tasks in virtual reality
- Robotic evaluation of interlimb coordination
- N. Yu*, S. Wang, C. Xu, “RGB-D based Autonomous Exploration and Mapping of A Mobile Robot in Unknown Indoor Environment”. Robot, 2017, [accepted]. (in Chinese)
- N. Yu*, C. Xu, “Realistic Modeling of Wrist Biomechanics Authentically Translates Anatomical Descriptions to Robotic Kinematics for Functional Assessment,”. [in preparation]
- N. Yu*, S. Li, Y. Zhao, K. Wang, and C. Xu, “Design and Implementation of A Dexterous Human-Robot Interaction System based on Haptic Shared Control,” Chin. J. Sci. Instrum., 2017, (03): 602-611. (in Chinese)
- N. Yu*, C. Xu, H. Li, K. Wang, L. Wang and J. Liu, “Fusion of Haptic and Gesture Sensors for Rehabilitation of Bimanual Coordination and Dexterous Manipulation,” Sensors, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 395, 2016. DOI: 10.3390/s16030395
- N. Yu*, Y. Li, C. Xu, and J. Liu, “Localization and Motion Planning and Control of Mobile Robots with RGB-D SLAM,” J. Syst. Sci. Math. Sci., vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 838–847, 2015. (in Chinese)
- C. Xu, S. Li, K. Wang and N. Yu*.“ Quantitative Assessment of Paretic Limb Dexterity and Interlimb Coordination during Bilateral Arm Rehabilitation Trainings,” in Proc. IEEE/RAS-EMBS Int. Conf. on Rehabilitation Robotics (ICORR), London, July. 2017. [accepted]
- S. Wang, C. Xu, N. Yu*, “Fusion of Dual RGB-D Sensors for Mobile Robot SLAM”, in Proc. the 36th Chinese Control Conference (CCC), Dalian, China, July. 2017. (in Chinese)
- K. Wang, S. Li, C. Xu and N. Yu*.“An Extended Kinematic Model for Arm Rehabilitation Training and Assessment,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Advanced Robotics and Mechatronics (IEEE-ARM), Macau, China, Aug. 2016.
- S. Li, Y. Zhao, K. Wang, C. Xu and N. Yu*.“A Dexterous Haptic Interaction Method based on Unity3D and Shared Control,” in Proc. 35th Chinese Control Conference (CCC), Chengdu, China, Jul. 2016. (in Chinese)
- C. Xu, K. Wang, J. Liu, and N. Yu*.“A Bilateral Rehabilitation Method for Arm Coordination and Manipulation Function with Gesture and Haptic Interfaces,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics (IEEE-ROBIO), Zhuhai, China, Dec. 2015, pp. 309–313.
- N. Yu*, K. Wang, Y. Li, C. Xu, and J. Liu.“A Haptic Shared Control Algorithm for Flexible Human Assistance to Semi-autonomous Robots,” in Proc. IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), Hamburg, Germany, Sep. 2015, pp. 5241–5246.
- N. Yu*, Y. Li, C. Xu, and J. Liu.“Localization and Motion Planning and Control of Mobile Robots with the RGB-D SLAM Algorithm,” in Proc. 34th Chinese Control Conference and SICE Annual Conference (CCC), Hangzhou, China, July 2015, pp. 6. (in Chinese)
- N. Yu*, C. Xu, K. Wang, Z. Yang, and J. Liu.“Gesture-based Telemanipulation of A Humanoid Robot for Home Service Tasks,” in Proc. 5th Annu. IEEE Int. Conf. on CYBER Technology in Automation, Control, and Intelligent Systems (IEEE-CYBER), Shenyang, China, Jun. 2015, pp. 1923–1927.
- N. Yu*, K. Wang, Y. Li, C. Xu, and J. Liu.“A Haptic Shared Control Approach to Teleoperation of Mobile Robots,” in Proc. 5th Annu. IEEE Int. Conf. on CYBER Technology in Automation, Control, and Intelligent Systems (IEEE-CYBER), Shenyang, China, Jun. 2015, pp. 31–35.
- Outstanding Graduates Award Apr. 2017
- National Scholarship Oct. 2016
- The First Prize of Excellent Project in Graduates Creative Research Apr. 2016
- Excellent Graduate Scholarship Oct. 2015
- Excellent Undergraduate Scholarship 2012, 2013